Friday, December 30, 2011

A great way to end the year

We went to see Krisi the day after Christmas and she was doing remarkably well.
In the middle of that night she called me and told me she was feeling awful. 
The pain was horrendous, her heart rate was fast and she was running a temperature.
After witnessing what she went through during her c-section, I wasn't all that surprised.
 Healing from a c-section is hard enough, but then having to face the obstacles Krisi had...Sean was extremely helpful to her.
He's a natural!
Their first family picture
Alex loves to snuggle.
He is snuggling with me here, while mom is in the bathroom 
Mmmm hmmm...I'm in love
 I am so grateful for the care that Krisi received while at the Toledo Hospital.
I'm sure that each and everyone of my friends give all of their patients their best, but they each went above and beyond to make sure Krisi and Alex got the BEST of the BEST care.
They made me proud to be a part!
Alex is a breastfeeding champ!
He cluster feeds and then goes into his milk coma
By early Wednesday morning, Krisi was at the peak of her frustration.  We talked for a while and I offered if she might like to have me put out a request for prayers and have Jeff come to give her a blessing.  She jumped at the opportunity!
Jeff and Dad Cady came up on Wednesday and administered a blessing.  Mom put Krisi's name on the prayer rolls of the Detroit and Columbus temples and we had several people praying in Krisi's behalf.
Krisi began to feel better from that time on.
 By Friday Krisi was ready for discharge.  Even though she was excited to go home, she was unsure if her body was ready yet.  I went up to the hospital to help reassure her and help in getting her ready to head home. 
Divya and Shauna came up for one last visit before they left.
 This was Divya's first time meeting Alex
 Dad's training him into being a sports fan
 Krisi ready to head home with her little guy
 Thank you, thank you to all who had a part in helping Krisi through all of this
All loaded in the car and ready to head home

No comments:

Post a Comment